Monday, December 29, 2008

CURVY? Come on serousily?


I read that UK's Glamour Girl Daisy Lowe is shooting the Marc by Marc Jacobs fashion campaign for Spring '09 -- OK good for her whatever -- but what really caught my attention was the fact that this Miss Daisy is being referred by the fashion fab as CURVY!! Hmm what? where?
I do admit she does not look like a bony babe of the fashion pages but CURVY - hardly!
I am so sick of non-curvy girls grabbing the the title of CURVY .

OK - once and for all CURVY means having CURVES ! Get that?
One's body has shape , softness & form .
Her body's has rounded contour shape.
CURVY meaning something CURVED .

In fairness to Daisy girl I am going to wait to see the ads . Maybe the pics I have seen are older ones and she has gained real weight to form a curvier shape - Spring 09 we will see.
But until then I am not giving her the title of CURVYGIRL . I don't care what those fashion folks say.
PATTY ON SITE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH come now from what I see in those pics she is definitely NOT Curvy! What are the magazines thinking by saying she's Curvy. She's as thin as a rail. If the girl turned sideways she'd be lost to the human eye. Probably can dodge rain drops too! When will people learn that this is not what Curvy is. Patty we really need YOU to set the record straight. We have Plus size women saying that they are "Curvy" and now we have Thin rail women saying they are "Curvy".

It's 2009 can you help bring the TRUE meaning of CURVY back? Come on readers help Patty bring Curvy back...

Anonymous said...

CURVY???
What is the whole world CURVY??
It's sad to think a girl over a size 00 is curvy .
this model looks like a size 2

Let's hear it for the REAL curvy
gurls!
thanks Miss Hughes for being there for us!